Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to you Karen

Q:Why was the lawyer studying the bible right before he died?
A: He was looking for loopholes

This goes out to my sister in law the lawyer who on Wednesday will be celebrating a birthday. Although it is not polite to give out a ladies age you can believe she is not getting any younger as the march of time moves on for her just as it does for me. Your advancing age should be celebrated and honored as it is the one time each year to promote yourself to your friends and families. So I say again Happy 36th Birthday (whoops I let it slip did'nt I"

I stopped to talk with a local fellow I know who met me with a warning about talking about the snow plow driver as a result of reading my earlier post. I won't tell you who it is to protect his privacy but he wanted me to know that everyone in this small town would know about my blog by now. It is true you can not have secrets in a small town. Even the Guy who was visiting from Nova Scotia teased me a little about it as he had already heard about my Sunday blog about the snow plow incedent. I knew it was a small town but I think it has good parts too. I am not really mad at the guy who put the snow in my driveway. I was aware that they just want to clear the road and can't protect everyone's driveway from the runoff. I just commented on a fact of life in a small town. If you are the plow guy I really don't wish you any harm.

Nova Scotia is in an uproar over a report from the Audiotor General who says that MLA's should not be wasting huge amounts of money on expenses without proper proof of the validity. Tell us something we don't already know. There are two things that will always be trueisms:
1. Public officials will always try and blur the line of what is ethically right when it suits to better thier own circumstance.
2. Public will respond with distaste and then vote for them in the next election.

So what if Mr. Dexter the fine Premier spent 2000+ dollars on a digital camera which is about 10 times what I can spend on the same thing. Who are we to expect that the generator that was at the MLA's personal home should not be paid for by the taxpayers of Nova Scotia.Why not let the residents of Nova Scotia pay for the MLA to have nice locally produced furniture that cost more than 10 thousand dollars. How can we be suprised that when all this was brought to light a simple appology and repayment of the money should square everything up right.

Thats all the time I have today folks tune in tomorrow for my next blog about life in a northern town.

No comments:

Post a Comment