Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Plow II

So I am not the only one with a great amount of snow in the driveway. Today my driveway had approximately 2.6 feet of wet and hard snow at the end after someone who will remain nameless drove by with a yellow machine. My snowblower took three passes to move it. One on top of the snow and then two more gradually further into the snow pile till I was done to ground level. Meanwhile every other house had only a small amount of snow enough to maybe cover my shoes. Why such a difference. For the answer I called down to Town Hall and asked Councilor Patey who is tasked with responsibility for the plowing of our streets. I got a well I will check into it and drop up to have a look. I did tell him that I had already moved it out of my driveway as I was blocked in and could not get either vehicle out and did not want to wait to move it. Meanwhile a neighbor from up the street actually stopped the machine driver and convinced him to move the snow out of her driveway. She has a business and had paid to have it cleared before he came by. She was not very impressed either from the tone in her voice as she stopped to commiserate with me. I know it is a fact of life in a small town to have to move the snow that is in your driveway but there are better ways to move the snow I think. I may be wrong and if you have a comment I will definitely listen. Maybe he is not able to avoid my driveway with all the snow I am not sure. For now I will grin and bear it. What other choice do I have. On another note, I was disheartened to hear about the Luger death out in BC. TRAINING Run or not it must be very hard on everyone involved. Our sincerest sympathies goes out to anyone affected by this tragic death.

No comments:

Post a Comment