Sunday, February 7, 2010

Plow Driver where are you?

I got up this morning at 7:30 am and spent about an hour moving heavy wet snow from my driveway. I was doing this so I could get out to go to church without getting stuck. It is only thankfully due to my new snowblower that I can move the snow as it falls in my yard. The first snowfall in November I started to shovel and within an hour I was in no shape to do anything. For the next week I was in agony and trying to find relief so we went out that same day and bought a brand new snow blower. Not really a great time to spend 1500 on a snow blower but I really did not have a choice. Even with that new snowblower I still find it a real strain to not hurt myself. I finished my chore and went back in the house to get ready when a short time later my wife called out to me. She wanted to tell me that the plow had gone by and all my work was now buried in heavier compacted snow up to my waiste. I looked out and my neighbours across the street had a small smattering of snow from the plow but I had a massive amount. Meanwhile the empty roadway directly across from my house was free of any newly plowed snow. In my mind the plow driver had it out for me and I wanted to have him in front of me to let loose my rage. However sometime during the middle of my church service I actually forgave him and decided it was not worth it in the long run. Just another reason to love the life I have in this northern town. Just for a minute though if I had known his address I might have hired a truck to bury his driveway but this too passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment